Wichita State Launch is committed to designing, building, and testing a reliable, safe, and reusable launch vehicle and custom unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) payload for the 2018-2019 NASA Student Launch Initiative. The launch vehicle will be designed such that the achieved apogee shall be within 125 feet of the target altitude of 4,100 feet. A dual-deployment system will be used to ensure a controlled landing of the launch vehicle. Upon landing of the launch vehicle, the UAV will be deployed. The UAV will be capable of delivering a one cubic inch simulated navigational beacon to a predetermined landing zone, known as a Future Excursion Area. The competition flight will occur in Huntsville, Alabama at the Marshall Space Flight Center on April 6, 2019.
- Team Proposal Available Soon
- Preliminary Design Review (PDR) Available Soon
- Critical Design Review (CDR) Available Soon
- Flight Readiness Review (FRR) Available Soon
- Post-Launch Assessment (PLAR) Available Soon